This is one of my evergreens, and probably the most popular desert I ever made. Originally I posted it on my dutch website, already back in 2007. Now I decided to set up an international version, and the ‘melting pot’ is the first one I post here.
Ingredients for app. 10 portions:
- 200 grams of butter
- 400 grams of chocolate
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 whole eggs
- 8 tablespoons of sugar
- 12 tablespoons of baileys
- 4 tablespoons of almond powder (sometimes I also use coconut or hazelnut powder)
- app. 10 cake jars, butter and almond powder
- Melt the chocolate and the butter ‘au bain marie’
- Meanwhile prepare the jars with butter and almond powder.
- Mix the egg yolks and the eggs with the sugar to a foamy mixture
- Add 4 tablespoons of almond powder and 12 tablespoons of baileys and again mix very well.
- Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir again very well.
- Fill the jars with the batter and put them aside.
You can prepare this well in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Put the jars in the oven and let them bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops start to crack open.
- Serve with icecream.