This is one of my evergreens, and probably the most popular desert I ever made. Originally I posted it on my dutch website, already back in 2007. Now I decided to set up an international version, and the ‘melting pot of chocolate and baileys’ is the first one I post here..
Melting pot of chocolate and baileys
- 200 gram butter
- 400 gram chocolate dark
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons almond powder
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 12 tablespoons baileys
- Melt the chocolate and the butter ‘au bain marie’.
- Meanwhile prepare the jars with butter and almond powder.
- Mix the egg yolks and the eggs with the sugar to a foamy mixture.
- Add 4 tablespoons of almond powder and 12 tablespoons of baileys and again mix very well.
- Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir again very well.
- Fill the jars with the batter and put them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Bake the cakes for 10-12 minutes in the oven, until they start cracking open at the top.