Delicious Halloween pumpkin muffins is the perfect recipe for the period from Halloween until Christmas. Of course, you can also make and eat it outside that period, but in November and December it just fits perfectly.
You can have the pumpkin muffins as a breakfast, a dessert or just as an in-between snack. They are just addicting and you may not be able to stop eating them.
The inspiration for these pumpkin muffins comes from runcible eats, an Irish foodblog with very interesting and surprising recipes.
Ingredients (12 muffins):
- 2 cups of flour
- 400 grams pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups of butter
- 1,5 cup granulated sugar (I took brown sugar from sugar cane)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar (white sugar)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- mix the pumpkins into fine pieces.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the sugar to the butter and mix well.
- Add the eggs one by one to the sugar-butter mixture.
- Add the pumpkin to the mixture and mix everything well.
- Now add the dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Prepare the muffin pan with butter.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin pans with an ice cream scoop. Fill the pans for three quarters.
For the topping:
- Ground the pumpkin kernels roughly.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the sugar, the flour and the grounded pumpkin kernels while mixing all the time.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Preheat the oven on 180°C.
- Bake the muffins for about 23 minutes.
- Let them cool down, and remove them from the pan carefully.
Pumpkins are probably the biggest vegetables you are using in your kitchen, so you might always have some parts left. If you are wondering what to do with them, check out some other pumpkin recipes on this site:
- roll cake with pecans and cream cheese
- lukewarm salad with chickpeas, feta and sun-dried tomatoes
- Stew of chicken hearts
If you have good ideas for surprising pumpkin recipes, please do not hesitate to give me a sign, I will be happy to check and test them.