Surprising recipes is the motto of this blog. Guinness stout and pretzel cookies in one recipes is surprising, so I had to do this one. I found it on an irish blog (of course), as a sweetie for St. Patricks day.
Ingredients for app. 20 truffles:
- 1 bottle of Guinness stout (0,33l)
- 225 gr. of semisweet chocolate
- 75 gr. unsalted butter
- 100 gr. pulverized pretzel cookies (with a food processor)
- crushed pretzel cookies for rolling the truffles
- some spare bottles of Guinness stout to drink
- Read the recipe carefully while drinking a Guinness.
- Put 0,5 dl of Guinness in a cup an set it aside to use later.
- Pour the rest of the bottle in a saucepan and let it cook for about 20 minutes until reduced significantly. Be careful at the beginning as it may foam a lot and apparently it is quite sticky to clean up when overboiling.
- Chop the chocolate into pieces.
- Put the chocolate with the 0,5 dl of Guinness in a pan and warm it up slowly until the chocolate starts to melt.
- Add the butter and stir smoothy.
- Add one tablespoon of the reduced Guinness.
- Add the pulverized pretzels.
- Stir smoothy until mixed well.
- Put the mixture aside or in a refrigerator to get firm.
- Crush the remaining pretzel cookies.
- Roll the truffles with your hands and then roll them in the crushed pretzel cookies.
- Put them aside and drink one more Guinness to enjoy your work.