The asparagus season is there again. On a pub in the belgian television I saw this recipe. Again an interesting combination worth trying. The dutch version can be found here.
Ingredients for 4 persons (as a starter):
- 500 grams of asparagus
- 0.3 dl olive oil
- 50 grams chorizo sausage
- Zest of half a lime
- Salt, pepper
- 50g parmesan grated cheese
- Rocket salad
- Peel the asparagus and cut the bottom ends off.
- Cut the chorizo sausage into small pieces
- Boil the asparagus for 3 minutes and drain on a damp cloth.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chorizo sausage.
- Add the zest to the chorizo oil and let it simmer.
- Grill the asparagus in a hot grill pan.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, drizzle with chorizo oil and season with pepper and parmesan. Garnish with rocket salad.