The asparagus season is there again. On a pub in the belgian television I saw this recipe. Again an interesting combination worth trying. The dutch version can be found here.
Ingredients for 4 persons (as a starter):
– 500 grams of asparagus
– 0.3 dl olive oil
– 50 grams chorizo sausage
– Zest of half a lime
– Salt, pepper
– 50g parmesan shavings
– Rocket salad
– Peel the asparagus and cut the bottom ends off.
– Cut the chorizo sausage into small pieces
– Boil the asparagus for 3 minutes and drain on a damp cloth.
– Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chorizo sausage.
– Add the zest to the chorizo oil and let it simmer.
– Grill the asparagus in a hot grill pan.
– Arrange the asparagus on a plate, drizzle with chorizo oil and season with pepper and parmesan. Garnish with rocket salad.