This time I have a special combination with Mexican roots. Chicken, chocolate, wine, cinnamon, raisons, all into one dish and surprisingly delicious. The recipe was created by Chakall, a well known Argentine cook living in Berlin, even in the same building as me.
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
– 4 chicken fillets
– 2 tablespoons of flower
– half a teaspoon of cinnamon
– a bit of salt
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 red onion
– 2 red peppers
– 100 ml red wine
– 200 ml chicken broth
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
– 2 tablespoons sugar candy
– 50 ml cream
– 2 tablespoons raisins
– 2 tablespoons almond discs
– Coriander to garnish
– Cut the onions and peppers finely .
– Coat the chicken with the flour, cinnamon, salt . In the movie Chakall shows a very interesting way to do this with a freezer bag.
– Melt the butter with a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken fillets for two minutes . Later, we will put them in the oven.
– Add the onions and peppers with a little extra olive oil to the hot pan and cook a few minutes .
– Add the red wine and let it boil for a while.
– Then add successively the chicken broth, tomato paste , cocoa powder and sugar. Stir well.
– Then add the cream, the raisins and the almonds to it at the end .
– Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
– Place the chicken , topped with the bulk of the sauce into an ovenproof dish and cook for 10 minutes in the oven .
– Put the chicken on plates, garnish with the remaining sauce and chopped cilantro .
In the picture I have also added some crushed hazelnut used for finishing .