If you want to eat something fresh on a warm summer day, this could be your choice. It is a recipe of the Belgian television cook Jeroen Meus. In dutch the title of the recipe is more funny, as a potato in dutch is ‘earth-apple’ if you translate literally. So you have an ‘earth-apple salad’.
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 400 grams potatoes
- 1 apple
- 2 shallots
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- (apple) vinegar
- pepper, salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes (brunoise in dutch/french)
- Cook the potatoes and cool them down immediately. The cubes should stay firm.
- Peel and cut the apple and the shallots, and cut them into small pieces as well.
- Chop the chives and the dill.
- Mix all the ingredients and add the sour cream and a little bit of vinegar.
- Add pepper and salt as you wish.
You can have this salad as a side dish, or as a main course, for example with some hard boiled eggs mixed to it.