If you want to eat something fresh on a warm summer day, this could be your choice. It is a recipe of the Belgian television cook Jeroen Meus. In dutch the title of the recipe is more funny, as a potato in dutch is ‘earth-apple’ if you translate literally. So you have an ‘earth-apple salad’.
Ingredients (4 persons):
– 400 grams potatoes
– 1 apple
– 2 shallots
– 4 tablespoons of sour cream
– (apple) vinegar
– pepper, salt
– Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes (brunoise in dutch/french)
– Cook the potatoes and cool them down immediately. The cubes should stay firm.
– Peel and cut the apple and the shallots, and cut them into small pieces as well.
– chop the chive and the dill.
– Mix all the ingredients and add the sour cream and a little bit of vinegar.
– Add pepper and salt as you wish.
You can have this salad as a side dish, or as a main course, for example with some hard boiled eggs mixed to it.