This is de first part of my Sylvester trilogy of this year. You can find the dutch version here.
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
- 200 gr smoked ham
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 60 grams of cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 sheet of gelatin (2 grams)
- olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- 8 mini mozzarella balls
- A few leaves of basil
- Tomato tapenade
- Cut the smoked ham into strips.
- Cut the garlic and shallot coarse.
- Cut the rosemary into small pieces.
- Put the ham, rosemary, garlic and shallots in a food processor and mash them very fine.
- Add the mayonnaise to the mixture.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Warm sherry until it is lukewarm.
- Beat the cream until stiff.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the sherry.
- Mix the sherry and cream into the ham mixture.
- Add cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mousse over 4 glasses and put at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cut the mozzarella balls into two halves
- Top with the mozzarella, basil leaves, capers, tapenade and a droplet of olive oil.