I found this recipe a few years ago in an international cookbook. Something different, something I had to try, and still like to try 🙂
Ingredients for 4 people:
– 150 grams of dried and pitted dates
– 30 grams of raisins, soaked overnight in fresh orange juice
– 50 grams of marzipan
– 30 grams of chopped walnuts
– 30 g chopped pistachios
– A pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
– 8 sheets phyllo dough (very thin) (or puff pastry, which is a bit easier to handle)
– Egg white
– A little oil for frying
– 2 oranges
– Submerge the raisins for one night in fresh orange juice.
– Remove them from the orange juice, and press the juice out of them. (Drink the juice, it is extremely tasty now).
– Chop the dates, walnuts, pistachios and raisins fine with the kitchen robot.
– Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
– Mix them with the marzipan and create a paste of the mixture.
– Now it is time to taste the mixture 🙂
– Roll the mixture into a piece of phyllo dough (or puff pastry). Use some egg white to fix the candies.
– Bake the candies shortly in a pan to make them brown on all sides.
– Enjoy and surprise your guests 🙂