Autumn is there, and so are the pumpkins and the colder weather. Time for a healthy and chili soup to prepare for the long and cold months that are to come. I found the inspiration for my spicy pumpkin soup on Lynn’s healthy kitchen.
- half a hokaido pumpkin (it weighed app. 1kg)
- 3 carrots
- one red paprika
- half a celery
- a can of white beans (400 gr)
- a can of diced tomatoes (400 gr)
- a small can of corn (150 gr)
- a big onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100 gr wild rice
- 1,2 l water
- spices: ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, paprika powder
- olive oil
- minced sage and some lemon juice
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and then add the onion, carrots, garlic and celery.
- Add a bit of water and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the other vegetables, the water and the wild rice.
- Season with the spices and let it cook for about 35-40 minutes.
- At the end add some minced sage and lemon juice and serve immediately.