I found this recipe on another WP-blog, and the combination of muffins with buttermilk was surprising enough for me to start working with. Converting the quantities of the ingredients to gram and liter is always a bit adventurous, but I think I managed 🙂
Ingredients for 24 mini muffins
- 125 gr all purpose flour
- 100 gr sugar
- 75 ml buttermilk
- 75 gr butter
- 1 egg
- 5 gr baking powder
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1/2 coffee spoon nutmeg
for the topping:
- 50 gr butter
- 50 gr sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Melt the butter for the muffins.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, nutmeg, baking powder) very well.
- First add the egg, then the buttermilk while continuously mixing everything.
- Finally add the butter and mix until you have a very consistent dough.
- Preheat the oven on 200°C.
- grease the muffin cups with butter and then add the mixture to them (fill them for 3/4).
- Put them in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Melt the butter for the topping.
- Make a mixture of the sugar and the cinnamon.
- When the muffins have cooled down, dip them with the top in the butter and then roll them into the sugar cinnamon mixture.