On my search to a new and surprising recipe with pumpkin I found this roll cake. This was especially interesting for me, as this kind of cakes is in fact a speciality of my mother.
- 3 large eggs
- 60 grams of pumpkin, finely chopped
- 60 grams of pecans, finely chopped
- 60 gram flour
- 120 gram brown sugar
- a teaspoon of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- a teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- half a teaspoon of ginger
- 50 gram butter
- 200 gram cream cheese
- 120 gram confectioners’ sugar
- some butter-vanilla extract
- some lemon zest
- Preheat the oven on 180°C.
- grease a griddle with butter
- Beat the eggs and add the brown sugar, pumpkin, flour, lemon juice, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger while constantly mixing everything.
- Spread the dough over the griddle
- Sprinkle the dough with the pecans.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Afterwards, let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle a kitchen towel with some confectioners sugar.
- Carefully remove the cake from the griddle and spread it on the towel.
- Fold the sides of the towel over the cake and roll it up in the towel.
- Let it cool down for 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the cheese, confectionars sugar, the vanilla extract and some lemon zest.
- Carefully unroll the cake again, and spread the mixture over it.
- roll it up again and put it in the refrigerator until serving.