the asparagus season is running again 🙂 In Germany, people tend to roll every dish in breadcrumbs. So I made this German style asparagus variant. You can serve it as a starter as well as a main dish, or even eat it cold as a snack.
- 500 g fresh asparagus
- 250 grams of young cheese in slices
- 250 grams of cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 100g flour
- 100 grams of bread crumbs
- cherry tomatoes
- peel the asparagus and remove the bottom part.
- Cook the asparagus for 8 minutes in boiling water with a knob of butter until tender.
- Drain the asparagus and let them cool down slightly.
- Wrap two or three of them first in a slice of cheese, then in a slice of ham. Use toothpicks to fasten the rolls.
- Spread the flower, the beaten eggs and the bread crumbs over three different plates.
- Roll the asparagus first in the flower, then in the beaten eggs and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Then fry them in a pan until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with salad and some cherry tomatoes.