Last christmas, I found saffron syrup in a pop-up store in Antwerp. an interesting ingredient, which I couldn’t resist to buy. This is the salad that was included on the recipe card.
- 2 slices of goat cheese
- a handful of mixed salad
- some freshly cracked walnuts or pecans
- chopped dried figs
- diced fresh mango
- walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons saffron syrup
- spread the mixed salad on the dish.
- Sprinkle the salad with a little walnut oil.
- Place the slices of goat cheese on it.
- add the mango, figs and nuts to the salad.
- Drizzle the saffron syrup over the goat cheese.
- sprinkle with some walnut oil and enjoy.