I am not quite sure whether there is an English translation for this south German kind of pasta (Schupfnudel). It are more or less long gnocchi, also made on potato basis. Spätzle, that other kind of German pasta is more from the south-west region (Baden), Schupfnudel more from the south-east (Bayern).
- 500 gr Schupfnudel
- 1 piece of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 200 gr champignons
- 2 spring onions
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- spices: salt, pepper, kurkuma, chille, rosemary
- For the preparation, cut all the vegetables into pieces.
- I steamed the carrots a few minutes beforehand.
- heat some olive oil in a pan and bake the “Schupfnudel” for a few minutes. Season with rosemary. When ready, put it aside.
- If needed, add some additional olive oil to the pan and add the garlic and the onion.
- After a few minutes, add the other vegetables and let it bake for a few minutes and season with pepper, salt, chilli and Kurkuma. Put a lid on it.
- Then add the broth and the sour cream and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve when hot and enjoy.