Hasselback chicken is a delicious way to make chicken breast using the same method as for Hasselback potatoes. Hasselback potatoes are quite popular nowadays.
The name “Hasselback” comes from the Hasselbacken restaurant in Stockholm, Sweden. Hasselback potatoes were created in 1953 by Leif Ellison from Värmland, who was trainee chef at restaurant Hasselbacken on Djurgården in Stockholm.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 bell pepper red
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese handful
- basil leaves
- chili powder
- grated Parmezan
- Place the chicken breast between two wooden spoons (or something similar to prevent cutting them through) and slice it with a distance of app. 1,5 cm.
- Cut the vegetables and the feta into very small pieces.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Fill the slices with the mixture of the vegetables and the feta.
- Finish with chilli powder and the parmesan cheese.
- Put it in a preheated oven of 180°C for 25 minutes.
Below you will find the finished product with Hasselback potatoes and arugula salad.