Recently I was in Reykjavik, and in a newly opened “Icelandic Street Food” restaurant I had a real good shellfish soup. So I looked for a recipe for a Fiskasúpa to do this at home.
- 50 gram butter
- 2 smal onions, sliced finely
- 1 leek, slice finely
- 2 stalks of sellery, sliced finely
- 3 tomatoes, sliced finely
- 1,5 liter vegetable stock
- 200 ml cream (optionally)
- 100 ml sherry
- 160 ml white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato concentrate
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- saffron powder (half a teaspoon)
- 500 gram nordic fish (salmon, halibut)
- 400 gram shrimps
- salt and pepper to taste
- slice the vegetables fine.
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add the onions, leek and seller, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the sherry and the white wine, and let it reduce for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, the vinegar, the tomato concentrate and the saffron and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the fish into large pieces.
- Add the fish, the shrimps and the tomatoes and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir, do not let it boil again.
- Serve with bread for lunch.