This was the first ever recipe I posted on my dutch blog “gerechtenweb“, back already in 2007. I rediscovered it recently, and decided to translate it in English also.
- 200 gr tuna (fresh is the best, canned is also ok)
- 4 pickles
- about 15 black stoned olives (green is also good, but black tastes better)
- 1 shallot
- 4 vine tomatoes
- good olive oil
- soy sauce
- fresh ginger root
- 100 grams of feta cheese in cubes
- cress for decoration (you can also use rucola salad or so)
- Finely chop the tuna steak.
- Finely chop the pickles, the olives and the shallots and add them to the tuna.
- Let the tomatoes scorch in boiling water so that you can easily remove the skin.
- Remove the seeds and cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Add this to the mixture as well.
- Take 6 parts of olive oil and one part of soy sauce.
- Add a pinch of mustard.
- Grate a lot of ginger and add it.
- if you want, you can also use additional herbs with black pepper.
- Mix the dressing well.
- Add a bit of the dressing to the tuna mixture.
- Put both the tuna mixture and the dressing in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Fill a mold with the mixture and turn it on a plate.
- Garnish with feta cubes and a tuft of cress.
- Sprinkle with the remaining dressing (first mix the dressing well)