Until a few weeks ago, I thought kaki was just a color. It still is, but it is also a fruit. In English it is better known as persimmon. It is a tropical Asian food that is grown in the mountains of Japan, China, Himalaya, … For more information I refer to Wikipedia.
It is super easy, super tasty, and it is a great candidate to be part in the coming menus for Christmas or Sylvester.
- 2 kakis
- 75 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Cut the top of the kaki and also remove a small part on the bottom to make it stable.
- Remove the inner part of the fruit with a spoon.
- Mix the inner fruit parts with the other ingredients in a blender.
- Fill the kakis with the mixture.
- Put everything in the refrigerator for at least 1 or 2 hours.
In addition to this filled persimmon I also made a persimmon smoothie, which is of course also super healthy and tasty.
Please feel free to submit your persimmon creations. I am very curious to see how other bloggers use this delicious fruit. I think you can also make great fruit salads with persimmon.