This is a nordic salmon recipe. And the good news is, you don’t have to limit yourself to the gin spices, you can also add some gin to it.
- a nice piece of fresh salmon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- a good dash of gin
- a tablespoon of fresh dill, rosemary and thyme.
- some pieces of star anise
- a coffee spoon of juniper berries
- a bit of zest of a lemon
- 4 large mushrooms
- an onion
- a slice of rye bread
- Chop the herbs finely.
- Ground the juniper berries in a mortar.
- Mix the herbs with the olive oil and the gin.
- Add the zest and the star anise.
- Marinate the salmon for 2 hours in the mixture.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and the mushrooms.
- Cut the rye bread into small pieces.
- Roast the rye bread in a pan, until crunchy. Put it aside.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade.
- Use the marinade to bake the onions. If needed, add some olive oil.
- After a few minutes, add the mushrooms and put a lid on it.
- Heat some butter in another pan and bake the salmon.
- When the mushrooms are ready, remove the lid and place it on the salmon. Keep the mushrooms warm.
- Just before serving, add the rye bread crumbs to the mushrooms.
- Remove the star anise from the mushrooms. You may use them for decoration.
- Serve immediately, and why not drinking a gin with it?