Recently, after an intensive running exercise, I was in the mood for something savoury. I had eaten this bacon pancake with syrup before somewhere else, and I wanted to try this at home. Imagine you have been walking a few hours in cold and windy weather and then you can stop somewhere to have this delicious pancake to give you new energy.
Ingredients (4 pancakes):
- 15 grams of yeast
- 6 dl of milk
- 300 grams of flour
- some salt
- 150 grams of bacon or ham
- syrup to spread over it.
- Dilute the yeast with some lukewarm milk.
- Make a well in the flour, and pour the milk-yeast mixture into it.
- Stir until the batter is smoothed, and then slowly add the remaining milk.
- Let the batter stand for a while.
- Cut the bacon into small slices.
- Bake the bacon in the pan for a little while.
- Spread a quarter of the batter over the surface, and press some bacon into the batter.
- Bake until the batter has solidified. Then turn the pancake and bake the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup.
Other surprising pancakes you might enjoy are:
- pancake with vanilla cream
- American ricotta-lemon pancakes with buttermilk
- smoked salmon blinis