This capelletti con passata is a very easy pasta recipe I made the first time long ago. A few quality ingredients in the right mixture create a great and simple vegetarian recipe.
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 400ml pasata (sifted tomatoes)
- 6 tablespoons of dry white wine
- 150 ml of cream
- 500 grams of capelletti
- fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- pepper and salt to taste
- Mix the pasata and the wine and bring them to boil slowly.
- Add the cream and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Cook the capelletti according to the instructions
- Put the capeletti on a plate, and add the sauce to the capelletti.
- Finish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil
As you just opened a bottle of wine. You better keep it cool and drink it with the capeletti.
The original version of this recipe goes back to my Dutch blog “gerechtenweb“, already back in 2007.