This recipe was on my “to-do” list for a long time already. I found it on a German website. It is ideal for a cold winter afternoon to keep a warm feeling.
Ingredients (6 portions):
for the pancakes:
- 1 egg
- 300 ml of milk
- 130 grams of flour
- 70 grams of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
for the vanilla cream:
- 5 dl of milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 grams of sugar
- 40 grams of flour
- a pinch of salt
- 30 grams of raisins
- Let the raisins soak in some of the milk.
- Melt the butter for the pancake dough.
- Make the pancake dough by first mixing the flour with the sugar. Then add the egg and milk and mix into a smooth dough. Finally add the melted butter to the dough. Mix well and set aside to let it rest.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and place the two halves in the milk. Warm up the milk, but do not let it boil.
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar, flour and salt.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the warm milk, while constantly tapping. Continue stirring for a few minutes until the vanilla sauce thickens.
- Finally add the soaked raisins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and butter an oven dish.
- Bake the pancakes in a warm pan.
- Brush each pancake with a few tablespoons of vanilla cream, roll them up and place them in the dish.
- Divide the remaining vanilla cream over and / or next to the pancakes,
- Put the oven dish with the creamed pancakes in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the icing sugar before serving
If you do not have a vanilla pod, you can take two packets of vanilla sugar or flavor.