For the Easter menu, I had to prepare some snacks. This was a real hit, a combination of dates, Icelandic skyr and smoked mackerel. But it worked perfectly! Skyr is an Icelandic dairy product between cheese and yoghurt. I found the inspiration for the recipe on the dutch website of ekoplaza.
Ingredients (for app. 20 snacks):
- 20 dates without a kern
- 200 grams of smoked mackerel
- 3 tablespoons of skyr
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Let the dates soak in water for about an hour.
- Mix them fine with a kitchen robot.
- Mix the with the skyr and the lemon juice.
- Crush the smoked mackerel with a fork and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the date paste on the toasts and top with the mackerel.
You can prepare everything well in advance, but putting the ingredients on the toast should not be done too early, otherwise they might become weak.
A next time I might try to add also some capers to the mackerel. I think this will make a fine tuning. You might also finish with something green like parsley.