This is a recipe I made long ago for the first time, back in 2007. But I like to make it as an easy and fast lunch. The combination with pineapple and bell pepper is really great. I published it originally in Dutch, but now I translated it to English.
Ingredients (2 portions):
- 250 grams of minced beef
- 2 small onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 large green bell pepper
- one can with pineapple cubes
- finely chop the onions.
- cut the bell peppers into fine strips.
- Let the pineapple cubes drain.
- Mix the minced beef with one finely chopped onion, the egg and two tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Add spices (pepper, salt, …) to taste.
- Make meatballs out of the mixture (10 to 15).
- Roll the meatballs into the breadcrumbs, until they are covered on all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in the wok.
- Add the garlic.
- Fry the meatballs for 7 minutes until they are all brown
- Add the second finely chopped onion and the peppers.
- Bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pineapple cubes and let it warm up completely.
- Serve in a deep bowl with rice.