This recipe is a creation of my own inspiration. I wanted to do something with fish in the oven and saffron sauce. The pangasius fillet was offered with a rebate, so that decision was taken quite fast. Then I looked at the ingredients I had available at home and made this combination.
- 2 pangasius fillets
- 2 small onions
- 1 tomato
- a handful of capers
- 200 ml of cream
- 1 dl white wine
- a teaspoon of saffron threads
- 100 grams of polenta
- a tablespoon of butter
- olive oil
- pepper and salt
- Warm up 400 ml of water for the polenta, it should not be cooking.
- Then put the fire very low and stir in the polenta.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, pepper and salt, and stir well until a thick mass is formed.
- Keep the polenta warm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Chop the onions and cut the tomato very finely.
- Let the saffron soak in the cream.
- Bake the onions in olive oil, and quench the wine after a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce.
- Then add the cream and the capers.
- Place the pangasius fillet in an oven dish, and spread the sauce over it.
- Leave to bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange the plates with the polenta and enjoy with a glass of white wine.
If you do not have saffron, you can also color the sauce with a little tomato paste, or even some turmeric. I think dark olives would also go very well with this dish. They give a nice Mediterranean touch.