This potato-egg salad is a perfect side dish for the hot summer days or for a barbecue outside. If you don’t like the combination with eggs, you might also consider to try the apple-potato salad I made on an earlier occasion. If you have a lot of guests, just make both versions and have people enjoying them both.
The inspiration for the potato-egg salad comes from the blog cookedbyjulie.
potato-egg salad is an easy side dish for hot summer days and barbecues.
- 400 gram potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 coffee spoons of caper
- 1 garlic clove
- paprika powder
- 3 scallions
- a handful of chives
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Bring water to boil with some rosemary leaves
- Boil the potatoes and the eggs in the rosemary water for 10 minutes, until both are ready.
- Cool down under cold water.
- Peel the eggs and mash 2 of them. Add them to the potatoes.
- Add the caper to the potato-egg mixture.
- Chop two scallions finely and add them to the mixture.
- Chop the garlic clove finely, and add it to the salad as well.
- Mix mayo, mustard, olive oil, pepper and salt und the potato-egg mixture.
- Serve on a dish. Finish with two halved eggs, a scallion, chives and paprika powder