This recipe started as an eggplant pie, but in a next version it could end up as an eggplant burger, as you can see in the picture above. It is easy to make, healthy and so delicious.
You can also add minced meat to the recipe if it is otherwise too vegetarion. Walnuts may also be a good option to add some more crunch to the recipe.
Please find below the recipe as it was made on the picture, and enjoy!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 big tomato (or 2 medium sized tomatoes)
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 table spoons of pine nuts
- a handful of basil
- 1 egg
- chester cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- black olives
- grated cheese
- Cut the eggplant into fine pieces.
- Steam the pieces for 10 minutes.
- Chop the shallot and the garlic finely.
- Mix the eggplant, pine nuts and basil in the kitchen machine
- Add breadcrumbs and the egg and make a creamy dough out of it.
- Slice the tomato and make a layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the eggplant dough over the tomatoes.
- Place the remaining tomato slices on top of the dough.
- Finish with grated cheese, chester cheese, halved cherry tomatoes, halved olives and mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.