Delicious filled pumpkin is the perfect oven dish to start the autumn season. Those who say that the weather is not following the seasons anymore are wrong. Exactly on September 21st the hot summer weather give in to autumn storm and rain.
My parents have pumpkins in their garden, and they have been growing exceptionally well this year. So I took a small one home to make this filled version. On my balcony I have been growing cherry tomatoes, and I used the last ones for this meal. So it is very homegrown.
The inspiration comes from a German blog: Gaumenfreundin. If you speak German I can warmly recommend it. I am a pumpkin fan, and I make several pumpkin recipes every year. Please check my pumpkin recipes for more inspiration.
Delicious filled pumpkin from the oven
- 1 small pumpkin
- 250 gram minced poultry
- 1 piece leek
- 160 gram cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece chilli pepper
- 10 cc red wine
- 40 ml cream
- 1 handful parsley
- ground cheese
- tomato paste
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Cut the top of the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Put the top on the pumpkin again and bake for 15 minutes in the oven on a piece of baking paper.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the vegetables: cut the leek into rings, chop the chilli pepper and the garlic and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and bake the garlic and the chilli pepper for a few minutes. Then add the minced poultry.
- When the poultry is ready, add red wine, leek and cherry tomatoes. Put a lid on it and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the parsley.
- Now add the parsley, the cream and some tomato mark. Season with pepper and salt.
- Let it simmer for a few more minutes and then fill the pumpkin. Finish with some ground cheese.
- Put it in the oven for 30 minutes to bake.
You can eat it without any further side dishes. If you want you can eat a fresh baguette with it, which also tastes delicious.