I made this delicious pork medaillons wrapped in farm ham yesterday. As the summer is gone I wanted to make some real autumn style recipe. On a German blog (Emmikochteinfach) I found the basis: pork medaillons in a creamy curry sauce. Aditionally I wanted to use my last batch of homegrown cherrytomatoes. Finally I added mushrooms, as they fit to every meal in autumn. Combined with delicious spices this is a real orgy of flavours.
I posted this recipe yesterday on my dutch blog, and immediately it received tons of hits, becoming almost overnight one of the most popular recipes I ever had.
pork medaillons wrapped in bacon with a spicy curry sauce
- 700 gram pork medaillons
- 15 slices farm ham to wrap the medaillons
- 250 gram mushrooms
- 150 gram cherry tomatoes homegrown
- 150 ml cream
- 15 gram parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- tomato paste
- salt, pepper, mustard
- Cut the mushrooms into strips
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the parsley fine
- Cut the clove of garlic and the chili pepper fine.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, and fry the garlic and the chili pepper for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and put a lid on them. Let it simmer slowly.
- Meanwhile, brush the medaillons with mustard and spice them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the mushrooms.
- Wrap the medaillons in the farm ham, and place them in a greased oven dish.
- Take the pan of the fire, and add the cream, parsley and curry. Mix everything well.
- Spread the sauce over the medaillons.
- Put the dish in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the medaillons are tender.