Thai pumpkin curry with Thai pork is one of the long time favourite recipes in my family. I think we made it the first time in 2008, but it is on the list every year. We make it in the wok with coconut milk, chicken broth and a lot of spices.
I have a lot of recipes with pumpkin already, and new will be added over time. Whether for breakfast, as a salad, a soup or an main course, there is surely something from everyone.
This year I started the pumpkin season with a delicious filled pumpkin from the oven. An Asian vegetarian recipe is the pumpkin noodle curry. As a last reference I can advise a lukewarm pumpkin salad.
Thai pumpkin curry with pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450 grams pork chopped in pieces
- 2 pieces chili pepper chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 450 ml chicken broth
- 450 grams pumpkins chopped in pieces
- Heat the olive oil in the wok pan.
- Bake the pork, until it is golden brown on all sides.
- Add the chili pepper and the curry paste and bake for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the chicken broth, and heat further until it cooks.
- Add the pumpkin pieces, and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt or other spices up to taste.