Spicy roasted pumpkin is a very easy appetiser or you can also have it as a meal. Slice a pumpkin into pieces, season with spices and oil and bake it in the oven for about half an hour. I most often make it when I have guests in autumn. If you use an Hokkaido pumpkin, you don’t need to peel them, the baked peel has a great caramelised taste.
This is a recipe that I have from Jamie Oliver. He apparently eats it a lot with his mother. The naked chef was a BBC cooking programme starring Jamie Oliver.
I hate autumn, the only good thing about it is the pumpkins. Other great ideas for recipes with pumpkins are delicious filled pumpkin from the oven, Halloween pumpkin muffins or vegetarian pumpkin noodles.
spicy roasted pumpkins
- 500 gram pumpkin cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teespoon fennel seeds
- 2 pieces small chillies finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all the herbs in a mortar, and make a fine powder mixture.
- Add the olive oil so that it becomes a smooth mixture
- Brush the pumpkin pieces with the mixture and put them in a bowl.
- Bake for half an hour in a preheated oven at 200°C.