Tuscan linguine with scallops and spinach cream is an easy Italian combination of pasta and fish. The mediterranean kitchen is so easy and tasteful. Recently I made linguine alla puttanesca and the very popular Sicilian tuna with baked capers. No one has to be convinced how delicious scallops are. I made them once on Sylvester in a surprising combination with blood sausage.
I prefer scallops when they are shortly baked in butter on both sides on high temperature. Then they are brown and crusty on the outside, but they remain very tender on the inside.
Add a white wine to this dish and you might feel like God in a country south-east of France.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from the foodblog Mantitlement. An interesting foodblog that believes a man deserves the finer things in live 🙂
Tuscan linguine with scallops and spinach cream
- 200 gram scallops
- 20 gram butter
- 1 piece shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece red chili pepper
- 100 ml white wine
- 300 ml chicken broth
- 100 ml cream
- 10 gram starch
- 100 gram baby spinach
- 50 gram sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 250 gram linguine
- Wrap the scallops in kitchen paper to extract humidity. Halve them when they are extremely big.
- Dice the shallot, the garlic and the chili pepper
- Dice the baby spinach
- Mix the sun-dried tomatoes in the kitchen robot until creamy.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Meanwhile season the scallops with pepper and salt.
- Bake the scallops on both sides on high temperature for 3-4 minutes until they are brown. When ready, take them out of the pan and put them apart.
- Heat the olive oil in the same pan. then add the diced shallot, the garlic and the pepper. Bake during a few minutes.
- Pour in the wine to deglaze the pan, and let it reduce a few minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the starch with a bit of the chicken broth. Then add the starch, the rest of the chicken broth and the cream to the mixture.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes. The cream should become thick.
- Meanwhile cook the linguine according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Add the baby spinach and the sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce and let it integrate for a few minutes.
- Add the scallops and the linguine to the sauce and mix everything well.
- Serve in deep preheated dishes and a cool glass of white wine.