Fluffy, creamy and with a flavour of lemon and vanille: these mascarpone pancakes are a feast on a rainy Sunday morning. A sweet and sour berry compote is the perfect garnishing for these pancakes.
Since I have my snack baking machine, I make little pancakes or Dutch mini pancakes on a regular basis. Other surprising pancakes I published before are:
As usual, I am looking for new flavours and ingredients that surprise me. In this case, Chocolates & chai gave me the right inspiration. I had already used ricotta, but mascarpone is also something I really wanted to try. And then this compote of red fruits: just perfect!!!
Mascarpone pancakes with red fruit compote
- 100 gram all purpose flour
- 15 gram baking powder
- 50 gram sugar
- 50 gram mascarpone
- 150 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- a pinch salt
- zest of half of a lemon
- vanilla extract
red fruit compote
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar honey or raspberry
- red fruit blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt) in a bowl.
- Mix the milk with the mascarpone, the olive oil, the zest and the vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Separate the egg, and add the egg yolk to the milk mixture. Keep the egg white apart.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry components, and mix everything well.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff, and mix it gently under the batter.
- Take a little pan and heat water, sugar and balsamic vinegar for the berries.
- Add the berries when the water is cooking and reduce the heat to let it simmer. When the berries become weak turn down the heat further and let the water reduce.
- Bake the pancakes and serve with the compote.