A banana split breakfast is the healthy morning alternative for the well known dessert. the main actor is in both cases the same: a banana lengthwise cut in half. But the breakfast version contains no ice and is of course very healthy.
After all those festivities during the Christmas and New Year period is the perfect way to recover and get some vitamines.
Banana split breakfast
- 1 banana ripe
- 150 gram Greek yoghurt
- Cut the banana lenghtwise into two halves. Arrange them on a plate.
- Divide the Greek yoghurt over and in between of the two banana halves.
- Finish with blueberries and raspberries.
This is a very simple and pure version for a banana split breakfast. Of course you can add or work with other ingredients also. Chopped walnuts or oatmeal also fit wonderful with this breakfast. A dash of honey can also do wonders. If you cannot without some sweeties, try adding some chocolate chips and whipped cream!
Bananas and pancakes can make great breakfast combinations. Please also have a look at these creations:
- Dutch mini buckwheat pancakes with bananas and blueberries
- Mascarpone pancakes with red fruit compote
- American ricotta-lemon pancakes with buttermilk
Bananas are not only great for breakfast creations. Please check also these surprising banana recipes:
Please look at gerechtenweb.blog for the Dutch version of this recipe.
Do not hesitate to give me feedback and ideas for new surprising recipes!