Although the name of this recipe is “English breakfast in a bell pepper”, you are not forced to eat it as a breakfast. You can also have it for brunch, lunch or for dinner. The ingredients make the name. The bell pepper is filled with typical ingredients for an English breakfast: egg, bacon, mushrooms and some cherry tomatoes.
English breakfast in a bell pepper
- 1 bell pepper red
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 mushroom
- 1 cherry tomato
- cheddar cheese ground
- Cut the top of the bell pepper and remove the seeds and the white parts. If necessary also cut a small piece at the bottom to make the bell pepper stand stable.
- Cut the bacon, the mushroom and the cherry tomato in small pieces.
- Pour the first egg in the bell pepper and stir.
- Add the bacon, mushroom and cherry tomato. Season with pepper and salt. Mix with the egg.
- Then add the second egg, and mix everything again.
- Finish with some ground cheddar cheese at the top.
- Place the bell pepper in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35-40 minutes.
- Finish with some chives and chopped bell pepper.
By the way, this is also a perfect recipe for a summer grill party. Just wrap it in aluminium foil and place it on the BBQ. Have patience, because it will take some time to be ready. Check regularly to be sure.
Do you like a breakfast with egg an bell pepper? Then surprising.recipes offers another combination that gives you a lighter start into the day: fried egg in a bell pepper.
We have more surprising breakfast recipes to offer:
- How to make three mini fried egg out of one normal chicken egg?
- Banana split is not only a dessert!
- The Dutch way with mini buckwheat pancakes.
- A cake full of fruits and nuts for breakfast.
- Ricotta and buttermilk for American style pancakes.
- Mascarpone can also be used in breakfast pancakes.
- Pumpkin, ginger, kurkuma and yoghurt for Indian style pancakes
Find this and many more recipes on the Dutch version: gerechtenweb.blog.