This time I have a special combination with Mexican roots. Chicken, chocolate, wine, cinnamon, raisons, all into one dish and surprisingly delicious. The recipe was created by Chakall, a well known Argentine cook living in Berlin, even in the same building as me.
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
- 4 chicken fillets
- 2 tablespoons of flower
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- a bit of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 red peppers
- 100 ml red wine
- 200 ml chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar candy
- 50 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons almond discs
- Coriander to garnish
- Cut the onions and peppers finely .
- Coat the chicken with the flour, cinnamon, salt . In the movie Chakall shows a very interesting way to do this with a freezer bag.
- Melt the butter with a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken fillets for two minutes . Later, we will put them in the oven.
- Add the onions and peppers with a little extra olive oil to the hot pan and cook a few minutes .
- Add the red wine and let it boil for a while.
- Then add successively the chicken broth, tomato paste , cocoa powder and sugar. Stir well.
- Then add the cream, the raisins and the almonds to it at the end .
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place the chicken , topped with the bulk of the sauce into an ovenproof dish and cook for 10 minutes in the oven .
- Put the chicken on plates, garnish with the remaining sauce and chopped cilantro .
In the picture I have also added some crushed hazelnut used for finishing .