I originally found this recipe in a booklet from “Kom op tegen kanker“, a flemish initiative to raise awareness funds against cancer. It is a typical flemish autumn dish, healthy and easy to make. My original version in dutch can be found here.
Ingredients (4 persons):
– 1 kg brussels sprouts
– 600gr potatoes
– 500gr minced poultry meat
– 0,5l vegetable of chicken broth
– one can of chopped tomatoes (400gr)
– salt, pepper and paprika to taste
– a little bit of nutmeg
– some fresh vegetables of the season (onion, garlic, parsley, celery, chives)
– clean the sprouts.
– Peal the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
– prepare the additional fresh vegetables.
– Boil the broth and cook the potatoes and the sprouts for 15 minutes in it.
– Meanwhile prepare meatballs from the minced meat, try to make them the same size as the brussels sprouts.
– Add the tomatoes, the vegetables and the meatballs.
– Let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
– Add nutmeg, salt, pepper and paprika powder and serve immediately.