Just before the end of the winter season, I´d like to share this very special combination of Brussels sprouts, brie, onion marmelade and crispy bacon. And, above all, it is easy to make. The most complex part is to make the burgers at the end. I found the inspiration at delish.
- brussels sprouts (depending on how many burgers you want to make)
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- spices: chili powder, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- some olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts.
- Season them with olive oil and nutmeg.
- Bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and the garlic clove very finely.
- Bake the onion with the butter for 5-8 minutes until tender. Then add the garlic.
- Then add the brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar and chili powder, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the bacon in a pan until crispy.
- Take the sprouts out of the oven, and let them cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile, cut the brie and the bacon into small pieces.
- Put the bacon, marmelade and brie on top of a lower sprout half.
- Put the top half on it, and fix with a toothpick.
The preparation was quite simple, the most difficult was compiling the burgers, as the Brussels sprouts are a bit smaller than a classical burger.