Just before the end of the winter season, I´d like to share this very special combination of Brussels sprouts, brie, onion marmelade and crispy bacon: mini cheeseburgers from Brussels sprouts. And, above all, it is easy to make. The most complex part is to make the burgers at the end. I found the inspiration at delish.
- brussels sprouts (depending on how many burgers you want to make)
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- spices: chili powder, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- some olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts.
- Season them with olive oil and nutmeg.
- Bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and the garlic clove very finely.
- Bake the onion with the butter for 5-8 minutes until tender. Then add the garlic.
- Then add the brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar and chili powder, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the bacon in a pan until crispy.
- Take the sprouts out of the oven, and let them cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile, cut the brie and the bacon into small pieces.
- Put the bacon, marmelade and brie on top of a lower sprout half.
- Put the top half on it, and fix with a toothpick.
The preparation was quite simple, the most difficult was compiling the burgers, as the Brussels sprouts are a bit smaller than a classical burger.